Monday, November 5, 2018

Washington XVI

I've posted previously about the Veterans Memorial Garden and Vietnam memorial on the campus of the VA in Vancouver, Washington.


Nearby, is a converted WWII radio building that now houses much memorabilia from many wars, including Vietnam.


The day Steve and I visited there were two volunteers on duty, both 'Nam vets who were eager to show us around.


The Vietnam artifacts took up a good deal of room within the small, two room building.


I was surprised to find this Landing Craft on display. I spent many months at Fort Eustis, Virginia learning to operate these and many other sea going vessels.

It was interesting to find this POW/MIA display, also. I have seen them a couple of times in my travels and they seem to be growing in popularity a I see more now than previously.


Nearby, was this explanation of the various components of the display.


So, from here we will move on to Arizona for a special Veterans Day post, please join me there at 11:11am on the 11th of November.

To see additional memorials from Washington, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment