Saturday, July 21, 2018

Michigan IX

Continuing in my Faces of Remembrance series brings us to Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.


I've told the story of the statue War Cry elsewhere on this site and you might want to check it out.

Today, I just want to focus upon the faces.

There are only two and one is mostly concealed by the arm of the other, but it is still a moving and poignant depiction of a side of war we don't often see, and except in Vet Center PTSD groups, get to talk about.

First, here is the statue: War Cry



The following are the two shots of the soldiers involved. I have often said that anyone who tells you he wasn't scared in 'Nam, is a liar, or perhaps he was just never there.


At first, it disappointed me that I was unable to get a better pic of the second man's face, but perhaps that was purposeful on the part of the artist. Anonymity creates universality.


Know anyone who is suffering or struggling with the aftermath of 'Nam. or any other war? Get them to a local Vet Center, asap. The folks there do great work and are only there to help and advocate for vets. I can't recommend or praise them and their work highly enough.

Next time, on the 26th, we'll venture back to Minnisota, so, meet me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Michigan, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment