Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Pennsylvania XX

This will be the second or third time I have written something about Bristol Borough in Pennsylvania.

This time I will show you a more general veterans memorial dedicated to all from the area who have served.

It is really quite beautiful.





As great as this memorial is, I can find very little about it. I know that it was originally a WWII memorial that has been expanded to include all.


These panels honor  POW's, Purple Heart recipients, MIA's and Women in the Military.


I may be mistaken, but I think the names listed on the plaques are those who served in the various services, while the names in the stars, below, are those who were lost.


Bricks are inlaid all around the surrounding plaza and these are more specific to individuals and the wars in which they served.


It is very unusual to find a town, or borough in this case, that goes so far out of it's way to honor those who have served. I think special recognition for Bristol is well deserved.

Next time, on the24th, we will return to South Dakota, so, as usual, meet me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment