Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Arizona XIV

Ajo, Arizona is about 2 and a half hours west of Tucson and roughly 40 miles above the Mexican border, in fact I had to go through border security twice to get there. I have never seen so many cameras in one place in my life!

I, also, drove through part of the Tohono O'odham reservation where I had a chance to see a memorial under construction and have a great conversation with the very helpful woman at the local American Legion, but, more on that another day.

Ajo was a mining town for many years but the mine, like so many in the area is now closed.

The local VFW has a memorial to several wars just outside its doors.


Vietnam is flanked by WW II and Korea.



The post was locked up tight the day I was there, so I could not speak to anyone for more information.


As is all too often the case, I could find no information about the memorial or the VFW Post except that its address is 1764 North 2nd Street, Ajo.

Next time, on the 29th, I will have a special Memorial Day post, so join me here at 9:00am.

To see additional posts from Arizona, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment