Thursday, June 9, 2016

New Jersey IX

Just outside the Capt. James Mac Farland American Legion Post #79, among a few others, sits this memorial to the eight from Burlington, New Jersey who paid the ultimate price in 'Nam.


It is located at 540 High Street in Burlington.



In the last couple of posts, I have had a story to tell or an event to report on, but sometimes, there just is not too much information available to me. I think there is always a story, the trick is finding it. On this occasion, I have found very little about this memorial. Obviously these men were lost and honored by their local American, Legion, their families, their friends, but I just cannot find anyone to tell their story to me. 

So, it will have to suffice to honor them here, with few words, and maybe that is all it takes. After all, what more needs to be said that is not here upon this marker.

 


Next time, on the 14th, we will take another look in New Mexico,so, join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from New Jersey, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment