Monday, March 31, 2014

Vermont VI

Cruising the back roads of Vermont is a pleasure unto itself, but I was very pleased to find this memorial in Bridgewater. It commemorates many from various wars and a number from Vietnam are among them all. Located at the intersection of U.S. 4 and north Bridgewater Road it marks the war from December 22, 1961. Experience has taught me that many places start the beginning of the war on the day they lost their first hero.




The names here are alphabetically listed and I see no designation as to lost or missing, so the December 1961 date is a mystery to me




Many memorials have tributes or poetry as part of their appeal, but I particularly like the one found here.


I don't have a clue as to what the B US. 6 means, anyone have any idea?

Next time, on the 5th of April, meet me in Virginia, as always at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Vermont, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment