Thursday, February 16, 2012

Texas V






North of Waco, and about 20 min. south of Dallas, is the town of Lancaster. We found this nice memorial in front of the city building. I talked to people inside but could not get much information about the site except that the triangular portion is meant to represent a folded American flag.

As I have often said, I am always impressed with what some small towns do for their vets. Lancaster has a population of only about 36,000. I cannot determine how many from the area served in 'Nam, but three were lost. The town built this to all who served, but one might guess that it was the loss of three of her sons that prompted this noble effort.

Next time, on the 21st, I will be telling you about a memorial built by soldiers for citizens! A unique and interesting story. Join me then, as always, at 9:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment