Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tennessee VII





I don't usually stray from my subject for two posts in a row, but as I was leaving Tennessee I noticed what seemed to be a huge disparity in the flora!

The first pics are of a prickly pear cactus usually associated with the southwest, New Mexico, Arizona, et al. So, I was very surprised to see this one, bigger than most, in Tennessee. I spend a lot of in the southwest and I promise, this is a big one!

Then, driving through the mountains I came across these beautiful views. The ice in the first looks as if it took years to build up and the trees in the second just glistened in the sun. I apologize for the poor quality of the pics themselves but Tennessee, when planning her roads, does not consider the needs of an itinerant photographer. No place to pull over and shoot. These are a real drive by.

One other interesting fact. I looked at the exif data on these pics and discovered that they were taken 21 minutes apart. Cactus to ice in 21 minutes!!

I should probably note that these were taken near the end of January, 2011.

Next, I am moving on to Colorado. There are a couple of really interesting stories there that go from Denver to Ireland and back. So, be sure to check in on the 24th to travel this beautiful state.

No comments:

Post a Comment