Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Kansas XVI

The Kansas Vietnam Memorial is in Junction City, near Fort Riley, not the Capitol, Topeka. Speculation is that this is because so many shipped out to 'Nam from here. But, as I say, this is speculation from folks I talked to in the area. (As always, if you know something about this, please contact me at the email on the left. I always want to know more and correct any errors!)

Kansas State Vietnam Memorial, Junction City.


David Lee DeLaughder

PFC David De Laughder was lost to "other explosive device in the Quang Nam Province. He was lost on April 4, 1967, to a wound on the 10th of April.

Donald Allen Evans

CAPT Donald Evans was lost in the Pleiku Province on January 1, 1968. He was lost to "multiple fragmentation wounds." He was an Army Ranger and from the tributes left on his Wall of Faces page, he was well respected and loved.

Clinton Dwight Pierce

PFC Clinton Pierce was lost to" small arms fire" on November 8,1969. He was lost in the Quang Nam Province. is obituary mentions that he was lost while on patrol.

I have ranted here, probably too often, about how frustrating it is to be able to find so very little information about men and women who gave their lives for our efforts in 'Nam. Today, while trying to find info on PFC Pierce, I ran across tons of information about General Pierce.

Doesn't seem right to me!

Next time, on October 5th, join me in Kentucky. See you, as always, at 9:00 am.

If you have been following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you, like Joan from Wisconsin, Tony from Texas, Mike from Maryland, Ron from Florida, Tim from Virginia, Molly from Florida (several times now), Colleen from Pennsylvania (now three times!) Elli from Maryland and Peg and Ray from Florida (more than once!), among others have responded to my request to send memorials you have seen in your area or from where you have traveled. I even got one from Ireland.

These generous submissions have helped to expand the knowledge of how we remember and honor the men and women who served in or were lost in Vietnam.

I thank all who have participated.

If YOU have any such photos or knowledge about these memorials and sites not already here, I would love to know of them. Please send them along to the email address on the left side of this page and I will gladly share them here.

I hope all these listed here will encourage YOU to send along photos and join the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment