Thursday, February 23, 2023

Tennesee IX


For the life of me I cannot figure out how I missed posting this site. I guess when you take literally thousands of pictures and are not that great, though I do 

try, at cataloging, it is bound to happen.

While the above probably sounds like just more whining from me, it is actually a happy thing. I am always pleased when I can find something new to share.

Located at the Coffee County Courthouse on North Spring Street the memorial shares space with WWI, WWII, and Korean War Memorials. 

 I have read that there are now additional memorials and artifacts on this site.

 

The inscription on the memorial reads as follows:

"In everlasting and honored memory of the young sons of Coffee County who gave their lives in America's most unpopular war, they died not in vain because all served honorably and faithfully and our surviving veterans carry the torch of freedom to pass on to a new generation." (italics mine)

Four names have obviously been added to the site over time bringing the total to 25. I noted with some interest that Coffee County VFW lists only 17 as lost. Not sure why. 

 

The memorial was placed here in Manchester 1985.

Next time, on the 28th, we will return to Texas, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Tennessee,  or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment