Sunday, October 16, 2022

Arizona XXXI

This one will quick and easy. I have read for years about a small memorial on the campus of Cochise County Community College in Sierra Vista,
Arizona. However, when ever I was in the area it seemed that something just got in the way of my getting there. 

Not this time.

I was determined to find and add this tribute to those who did not return to this site.

Building 500 is the Administrative building on campus and on the shaded area just at its entrance sits this bench.

It was a little difficult to find as there appeared to be not a soul on campus the day I was there, early this September. bit, a little trial and error and persistence paid off. I will say it was beastly hot and I was grateful for a little shade.

Something I noted was that all those lost are remembered here, not just those who attended the College. Yeah, the total number is incorrect, but so are most of the memorials I find. The numbers as I have mentioned previously are always subject to change. The current correct numbers are 58,281 as established by the four year audit completed a year or two ago by the VVMF and the DoD. And, they could change again as new names are considered and added, if appropriate, each May.

I'll say it again, I wonder if we have added the last name?

Thank you to Cochise County CC for remembering us.

Next time, on the 21st, we will return to Colorado, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Arizona, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment