Friday, August 12, 2022

New Jersey XXXII

This is my 32nd post from New Jersey and like so many recently it will feature faces from the memorial at Elizabeth.

According to the "Wall of Faces" Elizabeth lost 28 of her citizens but the memorial which you can see here, lists 30: they are all represented by these two faces.


I've been writing these posts for 13 years now and it seems that getting the numbers right on any particular site is a never ending task. I've written a couple of times about the exact numbers being in question and that the DoD and VVMF joined for a four year audit of records verses names on The Wall in an effort to get it correct. As of the last time I checked the current number is 58,281. This number is updated as needed. I often wonder if we have added the last name.

Next time, on the 17th, we will revisit New Mexico, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Jersey, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else.

Send them to Ldddad@comcast.net or to the email on the left of this page.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment