Thursday, June 23, 2022

Florida XXV

 

I have written before about the remarkable Veterans memorial in Santa Rosa County, Florida. It has many unique components and you can read that post here.

Today, once more, I as concentrating on the soldiers, the lost and those who mourn them.

This face, taken from the statue called, "The Warrior" is center state of the Santa Rosa memorial. His face, looking down at the dog tags in his hand, says it all.

The following was taken directly from the Santa Rosa County website:

The Warrior

"The Warrior will be a bronze statue that is approximately 7 feet tall on a 30-inch pedestal, placed in the center of the plaza. He will be leaning on his weapon as though he has come out of battle. He has lost some of his fellow soldiers. His face expresses the agony of war. In his left hand he is holding dog tags that he has taken from one of his fallen buddy’s neck. The Warrior is reflecting on his loss. On The Warrior’s base the inscription reads: “Fallen, Never Forgotten.”

Someday, I may do a separate series highlighting all the faces in one place, but for now, I will simply ask you to join me on the 28th, at 9:00am, as always. We will be revisiting Georgia for more Faces of Remembrance heroes, so meet me there. This time for actual photographs of the heroes.

To see additional memorials from Florida, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page. 

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment