Saturday, October 31, 2020

Delaware XV

As promised in my last post from California, I was able to make it back to Delaware. My first stop in The First State was in a town called Felton.

The site was easy to find although a little concealed by some trees. It sits on the corner of Main Street and Railroad Street.

I pulled right in to a small, apparently little used road beside the railroad tracks.

 
 
The memorial is one of the kinds I have really come to appreciate: small,intimate, obviously created by the people most involved with the lost.
 
 
Like so many small town memorials it is dedicated to many from the town who have been lost over the years.
 
 

Interestingly, the flag, as seen above, is attached to the limb of the tree so that it is always in an unfurled, motion like vi

 
Two from Vietnam are honored here.
 

As I was leaving the very kind police officer explained to me that this was not a disused road and was, in fact, a one way street and you can guess which way I was going. Well, he asked what I was doing and when I explained this project, he handed me a warning, thanked me for my service and sent me on my merry way. He really was very nice about it.

So, next time, on November 5th, we will venture back to Georgia, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Delaware, or any other stat, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment