Sunday, August 23, 2020

Georgia XVIII

I have posted about the dignity Wall that stands outside the museum at Ft. Benning, Georgia previously on this site and you can find it elsewhere by clicking on Georgia on the left side of this page and then scrolling back. It is quite something.

It sits in an are called Vietnam Veterans Plaza.


In addition to the huge replica of The Wall here there are also a couple of other interesting markers. They are along the walkway to The Wall and today, I will share them with you.




The first of these is a tribute to all who served.



The next one attempts to tell the history of the war. there are things on here that contradict what others say, but, this is common.


 Again, additional history. this call the first two killed as having died in 1979, I always like to point out that the first soldier who died in 'Nam was killed in 1956, still others date the war to 1945 when an American official was killed by the Viet Minh. So it goes with history.

I think for the foreseeable future this will be the last post from Ft. Benning, I have exhausted  my pictures for now. Perhaps when the pandemic has passed I can get back.

Next time, on the 28th, we'll return to Hawai'i', so, meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment