Friday, July 24, 2020

Washington XIX

While scrounging around in my files for something to post, once again I found some pictures. As I have noted previously the pandemic is keeping me home, I have not taken any new photos in months so am always on the lookout within my own files for something new.


These are from a site in Ellensburg, Washington and I actually thought I had posted them some time ago. These are not the best quality as the day was wet, cloudy, and just not very nice.


The field Cross here is a more recent version of the tradition begun in the Civil War. Each version of it is updated to the boots, weapons, and helmet of the particular war.


There are about 4,000 of these bricks but the majority do not yet have names on them. I found these dedicated to our comrades in Vietnam. There were more, most likely. And, many more bricks wait to be engraved with our sons, daughters and, eventually, our grandchildren.


Once again, please pretend not to notice the poor quality of these pics.

Next time, on the 29th, we will make another visit to West Virginia, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Washington, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.





No comments:

Post a Comment