Sunday, January 12, 2020

Ohio IX

I am often astounded by how few Vietnam memorials actually feature  statues of our brothers and sisters.

There are some, of course, but far fewer that I would have expected, or perhaps, I have just not found them yet.

I have been writing in this sub-group, Faces of Remembrance for at least a few years now and am rapidly running out of these few and far between remembrances.

In Ohio, I actually have only seen one, in Masillion, that I will feature today.


Along with this one, I will include something I have never done before: a grieving wife (?) from the Clinton memorial.


Finally, I found this guy in Gallipolis at a multi-war memorial site. He is obviously not from the Vietnam era, but the look on his face, the thousand year stare, is universal, so I will honor him too.




So, as I have not found them, I ask you, challenge you, to send me ones in your town, city, or county. If they have not been featured here, I promise to give you a photo credit and if you provide info, I will credit you for that too. The least I need is location, and name if any. Please use the highest resolution your camera has and you can reach me by the email listed on the left side of this page.

Next time, on the 17th, we will revisit Pennsylvania, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Ohio, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

PS, you are not limited to statues, any Vietnam memorial is fine, even if it is part of a multi-war site.

No comments:

Post a Comment