Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Massachusetts XIV

I stumbled upon Bridgewater, Massachusetts' Central Square and found this multi-war memorial.


The memorial honors WWI, Korea, and the Global War On Terror in addition to the seven lost in Vietnam.


Guarded by this eagle it also reminds us that freedom is not free.


It is finding these unexpected memorials that so often makes this journey so interesting and one of the reasons I continue to chase down any memorials I can find. As I write this I am just back from a trip to Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island where I found a number of "new" memorials that I will include on these pages as a later date.

Next time, on the ninth, we will head on down the east coast to New Jersey, so as always, meet me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Massachusetts, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael..... WELCOME HOME!
    You did a terrific job with your video, had tears in my eyes because I remember like you do.What was the name of your company in Vietnam and what was your basecamp?
    Looking forward to hear from you...
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eddie, can you be more specific about the video?

    ReplyDelete