Saturday, December 15, 2018

Georgia XI

We came across this most unusual Vietnam memorial while driving through Georgia. I'm not sure I have ever seen anything quite like it.


It sits at the site of an old (1909) cotton mill and has utilized some of the equipment from the mill in the memorial.



It is not specifically Vietnam which is so often the case with memorials in smaller areas.


This section of paver bricks names and honors some of those remembered here.


There are a couple of other features here that I will write about later.

As many of you know at this time of the year I choose not to focus on memorials and post a few other interesting ( I hope) pictures I've found along the way. So, next time join me for something completely different, as always at 9:00am on the 20th.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click the name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment