Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Virginia XII

At one time, many years ago, I considered Yorktown, Virginia my home. I lived in an old home that is now the completely renovated Colonial Yorktown Ben and Jerry's! Mixed feelings about that.

So, I was in the area recently and decided to see if they had, along with all the associated Revolutionary War sites and monuments, if they had a Vietnam memorial.


Outside of York Hall is this obelisk with names from Bacon's Rebellion to Vietnam. I couldn't quite remember Bacon's Rebellion, so I looked it up.


100 years before the American Revolution, Mr. Bacon and some other Virginia planters rebelled against the Virginia government for being too decent to the local Indians.


The memorial is quite simple and Vietnam shares a face with Korea and it lists ten names of those lost in 'Nam.


York Hall sits on the corner of Ballard and Main Streets.

Next time, on the 5th of November we will return to Washington, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment