Thursday, December 14, 2017

Georgia VII

I am a bit late in posting this as I had some computer issues. Now resolved, I'll make every effort to keep up!


While headed towards the Alabama memorial in Anniston, featured elsewhere on this site, Steve and I ventured in to Bowdon, Georgia.


This memorial is located in a small park near the Town Hall, which serves the slightly more than 2,000 residents of the town.


It lists and honors the eleven men from the area that were lost to the war.


Oddly, I think, the names are only listed on the right side of the memorial. I could find no explanation for this.


The park is planted with lovely flowers and has benches for quiet reflection.

The park is located in the triangle formed by East College Street, City Hall Avenue, and Commerce Street.

Next time, on the 19th, we will revisit Maine, or just maybe a special seasonal post, so, join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment