Sunday, March 5, 2017

Washington IX

I had read about this park with several memorials in Tacoma, but had no specific address. The GPS kept insisting that I make a right turn before the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, but there was no turn. Figuring I had missed it, I went back and tried again, after paying the huge toll on the bridge every time I crossed. turned out I crossed it several times, your welcome Washington, and finally realized the roads had been changed and I would have to just kind of figure it out. At one point, I could see the park, but could not find a way off the highway to get to it. Frustrating!

Anyway, finally found a way in and it is really very nice with several memorials and a beautiful view of the bridge.


Located at 624 N. Meyers Street it has a big parking lot for easy access.


Many names of the lost a honored here on this wall.


Further into the park is a memorial to Medal of Honor recipients that list several from Washington.





One from Vietnam, Patrick Brady, is listed among them.


So, after the initial difficulty, I was pleased to visit this peaceful, beautiful place where our brothers and sisters, from all wars will, forever, be remembered.

On the 10th, we will make a return visit to Arizona, so, as always, join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Washington, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page


No comments:

Post a Comment