Thursday, September 8, 2016

Massachusetts IX


Medford is just a couple of miles north and slightly west of Boston.

This beautiful park is called Honor Roll Park and is home to this Wall like memorial to all those who served in Vietnam. I have often commented that I am really pleased to find memorials that are able to list all that sacrificed in this war. Some places, obviously, are just too big to be able to do this, but when I find one, I like to point it out.


According to a site I checked today, 17 from the town made the ultimate sacrifice.



I called Medford to get some info regarding the two separate memorials, but could not get through to anyone who could help me. so, as I so often do, I will ask you to let me know if you have any information about this.  You have come through many times in the past and I hope you will do so this time, too.



This memorial has been added and one assumes that it lists the names of those who may have been inadvertently omitted from the original. I promise you,  that this happens all the time. I cannot think of a memorial that I have visited that has not had additions made over the years. The Wall in DC is updated every May and just this past may, several more names were, in fact, added. the total number, now is 58, 315.



These are the names from Vietnam that are included on the smaller, additional wall. At first, I thought they might be the lost, but if the site I checked today is in fact correct, this cannot be so as there are many more that 17 names here.

So, next time, I will have a special 9/11 photo and story. Join me at 9:00 on the 11th.

To see additional memorials from Massachusetts, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment