Thursday, August 18, 2016

Connecticut X

This small, yet elegant, memorial to the five from Bloomfield who were lost sits on the village green. It shares the space with memorials to other heroes and other wars and can be found on Jerome Avenue.


The dedication on the back speaks to the honor of those who served.


In keeping, I suppose, with the, sometimes, insular nature of small towns, not too much information is available about this site. I invite you, as I always do, to get in touch if you can supply more information. Many of you have done this in the past and I always enjoy learning more or being corrected when I err.


All that served all honored here as well they should be.

Next time, on the 23rd, we will revisit Florida, so, join me there at 9:00am, as always.

To see other memorials from Connecticut, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment