Monday, April 6, 2015

Pennsylvania XIV

On a beautiful but chilly Spring day I found this memorial on the corner of Hamilton and 5th Streets in Allentown. It stands in front of the Federal Court House and was erected by local Realtors. I'm not sure I have seen a memorial erected by Realtors before, interesting.






Names the Lehigh Valley Vietnam Memorial it lists the many names of those from the area who gave their all. Researching this site was a little confusing because there is another Lehigh Valley Memorial in the area.


Seeing the names that were later identified and added to this site makes me wonder if I have ever seen one where this was not the case?


Just down the other side of the street, I found this small memorial to all the women who have supported war efforts throughout our history. It is not specifically Vietnam, but her uniform looks as if it might be, I think the women who have been involved in war have never gotten their due, the respect they deserve, so I like to point out these memorials when I find them. No matter how few or far between they are.




So, next time we will return to Rhode Island, so join me there at 9:00am on the 11th.

To see other memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment