Sunday, July 1, 2012

Louisiana V


Between Armstrong International Airport and New Orleans sits the Dignity Memorial Gardens. I have visited a number sites in this chain of cemeteries and, so far, each has had some kind of Veteran's memorial on site.

The memorial here has a specific monument to Vietnam. This is not always the case so I was eager to see and photograph it. It is located right on Airline Drive so it is easy to find upon leaving the airport.

The area in which it is located has a large state shaped sign proclaiming Louisiana Remembers. There are several memorials here to different actions. What struck me about this one was that it only listed 35 names of lost Louisianans. I have attempted to find out why this is and how these particular names were chosen, but have not heard back from them at this point. As always, if I do hear from them I will post an update.

From here we will visit Houma in Terrebonne Parish on July 6th at 9:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment